Thursday, March 20, 2008

Floating islands

I danced with F and M last night. I can tell you that one is calm and elegant. I can tell you that the other is experimental and excitable. I know both of them very deeply. I know which tangos they like and which notes they like to accent. I know how they embrace me. I know their scent. I could recognize them in the dark.

I've known them for years.

I have no idea what their last names are. I don't know what they do for a living. Isn't it interesting how close and yet meanwhile how isolated we dancers are?

I work at my job to make a living. It's a fulfilling job. I'm happy doing it.

But my destination is the milonga.

You could say that I work in order to dance. On the other hand, you could also say that I dance in order to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment